Think big. Think a Whyte 29er redesigned for 2017 with a slacker head tube angle and a 15mm through axle fork to create an even more trail-worthy MTB.
- With its lighter weight custom tubing, its hydroformed alloy frame optimised for UK riding conditions and its progressive geometry (66.5˚ seat/74˚ head tube angle) to keep you centered and in control, the Whyte 529 boasts the key features we love about Whyte mountain bikes – see blog.
- The frame is made especially clean with Whyte’s new BBX (bottom bracket exit) internal cable routing, which is weather sealed, dropper-seat ready, and designed to facilitate easier cable replacement in years to come.
- Tektro Auriga – given how many great bikes come with these stoppers, Aurigas are probably the best proven hydraulic disc brakes in mountain biking today. Why you want hydraulic disc brakes.
- Slick, dependable Shimano Acera/Deore 2×9 Rapidfire gearing.
- Wide, grippy, front and rear specific Maxxis Ardent 29×2.25” and Maxxis Crossmark II 29×2.5 inch tyres.
|Frame||6061 Hydro Formed T6 Aluminium, Multi Butted, Tapered Headtube, Internal Cable Routing with BBX, Chainstay Post Mount Dropouts and Get A Grip seat clamp system|
|Fork||SR Suntour Raidon, 120mm Travel, Alloy Tapered Steerer, Adjustable Rebound and Lockout, 100mm x 15mm through axle|
|Headset||FSA No. 57B Orbit ZS, Sealed Cartridge Bearing 1.5″ Lower, 1 1.8″ Caged Upper Bearings|
|Rear Hub||Alloy, Cup & Cone, Double Seal, 32 Hole|
|Front Hub||Alloy, Cup & Cone, Double Seal, 15mm X 100mm Through Axle, 32 Hole|
|Spokes||WTB 2.0mm, Black Stainless with Brass Nipples|
|Rims||Whyte Trail-21, sleeve joint, Offset rims, 29″, 32 Hole|
|Tyres||Maxxis Ardent 60TPI, 29″x 2.25″, Front, Maxxis Crossmark II 60TPI, 29″ x 25″, Rear.|
|Shift Levers||Shimano Acera M3000, 9 Speed|
|Front Mech||Shimano Deore M618, 10 Speed|
|Rear Mech||Shimano Deore RD-M592 Shadow|
|Cassette||Shimano HG-200, 11-34, 9 Speed|
|Chain||Shimano HG-53, 9 Speed|
|Crankset||SR Suntour XCM, Compact Double 36-22, 9 Speed, 2pcs|
|Bottom Bracket||SR Suntour|
|Seatpost||Whyte 20mm Offset, 30.9mm x 400mm, 6061 Alloy, 2 Bolt Clamp|
|Saddle||Whyte Custom, Triple Panel Design|
|Handlebar||Whyte Flat 29er 6061 Bar, 31.8mm, 720mm Wide|
|Stem||Whyte Custom, -6 Degree, 45mm S and M and 60mm Large and XL|
|Grips||Whyte Custom Lock-on|
|Front Brakes||Tektro Auriga, 180mm rotor|
|Rear Brakes||Tektro Auriga, 160mm rotor, Internal Routing|
|Brake Levers||Tektro Auriga|
|Pedals||Fibre Reinforced Composite Platform|
|Manufacturer’s Published Weight||13.5kg|
7 in stock